Technology Development & Validation
- Obuchowski N, Buckler AJ. Estimating the Precision of Quantitative Imaging Biomarkers without Test-Retest Studies. Academic Radiology. 2021 Jul 13;S1076-6332(21)00279-8.
- Seime T, Akbulut A, et al. Proteoglycan 4 Modulates Osteogenic Smooth Muscle Cell Differentiation during Vascular Remodeling and Intimal Calcification. Cells. 2021; 10(6):1276, May 2021.
- Buckler AJ, Karlöf E, et al. Virtual Transcriptomics: Noninvasive Phenotyping of Atherosclerosis by Decoding Plaque Biology From Computed Tomography Angiography Imaging. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2021;41:1738–1750.
- Choi H, Uceda D, et al. Treatment of Psoriasis with Biologic Therapy is Associated with Improvement of Coronary Artery Plaque Necrotic Core and Positive Remodeling: Results from a Prospective, Observational Pilot Study. Circulation: Cardiovascular Imaging. 2020;13(9):e011199.
- Obuchowski N, Buckler AJ, et al. Statistical Considerations for Planning Clinical Trials with Quantitative Imaging Biomarkers. JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2019 Jan 1;111(1):19-26.
- St. Pierre S, Siegelman J, et al. Measurement Accuracy of Atherosclerotic Plaque Structure on CT Using Phantoms to Establish Ground Truth. Academic Radiology. 2017 Oct;24(10):1203-1215.
- Obuchowski N, Buckler AJ, et al. Statistical Issues in Testing Conformance with the Quantitative Imaging Biomarker Alliance (QIBA) Profile Claims. Academic Radiology. 2016 Apr;23(4):496-506.
- Huang EP, Wang XF, et al. Meta-analysis of the technical performance of an imaging procedure: Guidelines and statistical methodology. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. 2015 Feb;24(1):141-74.
- Obuchowski N, Reeves AP, et al. Quantitative imaging biomarkers: A review of statistical methods for computer algorithm comparisons. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. 2015 Feb;24(1):68-106.
- Kessler, LG, Barnhart HX, et al. The emerging science of quantitative imaging biomarkers terminology and definitions for scientific studies and regulatory submissions. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. 2015 Feb;24(1):9-26.
- Buckler AJ, Keith Jr. JC. Advanced biomarkers. EBR – European Biopharmaceutical Review. Jan 2014; pp.10.
- Buckler AJ, Ouellette M, et al. Quantitative Imaging Biomarker Ontology (QIBO) for Knowledge Representation of Biomedical Imaging Biomarkers. Journal of Digital Imaging. 2013 Aug;26(4):630-41.
- Buckler AJ, Paik D, et al. A novel knowledge representation framework for the statistical validation of quantitative imaging biomarkers. Journal of Digital Imaging. 2013 Aug;26(4):614-29.
- Freimuth RF, Freund ET, et al. Life sciences domain analysis model. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. Nov-Dec 2012;19(6):1095-102.
- Buckler AJ, Bresolin L, et al. Quantitative imaging test approval and biomarker qualification: Interrelated but distinct activities. Radiology. 2011 Jun;259(3):875-84.
- Saba L, Brinjikji W, et al. Roadmap Consensus on Carotid Artery Plaque Imaging and Impact on Therapy Strategies and Guidelines: An International, Multispecialty, Expert Review and Position Statement. American Journal of Neuroradiology. 2021 Sep;42(9):1566-1575.
- Karlöf E, Buckler AJ, et al. Carotid Plaque Phenotyping by Correlating Plaque Morphology from Computed Tomography Angiography with Transcriptional Profiling. European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. ePub September 10, 2021. Article in Press.
- Varga-Szemes A, Schoepf UJ, et al. Coronary plaque assessment of Vasodilative capacity by CT angiography effectively estimates fractional flow reserve. International Journal of Cardiology. 2021 May 15;331:307-315.
- Abdelrahman KM, Buckler AJ, et al. Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography From Clinical Uses to Emerging Technologies. JACC State-of-the-Art Review. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2020 Sep 8;76(10):1226-1243.
- Buckler AJ. Invited Commentary: Focus on Quantitative Imaging—Real Progress Is Being Made, but Much Is Left to Do. RadioGraphics. Jul-Aug 2019;39(4):977-980.
- van Assen M, Varga-Szemes A, et al. Automated plaque analysis for the prognostication of major adverse cardiac events. European Journal of Radiology. 2019 Jul;116:76-83.
- Sheahan M, Ma X, et al. Atherosclerotic Plaque Tissue: Noninvasive Quantitative Assessment of Characteristics with Software-aided Measurements from Conventional CT Angiography. Radiology. 2018 Feb;286(2):622-631.